Being a brewery in Silverton, we sell a ton of beer. Logic would then dictate that our bathrooms get a lot of traffic and that we work hard to make sure they are always as clean as possible. For this reason we decided early on that we, like most businesses in town, would limit our bathroom access to customers only. Obviously, we’d prefer to sell you even one beer so you can sit back and chat for a few and enjoy our facilities at your leisure. Unfortunately we see a lot of people trying to use our bathrooms in peak hours who have no plans of eating with us or even trying one of our delicious beers.
In order to help everyone out we wanted to post a map of where you can find Silverton’s public bathrooms.
- If you’re driving into town The Visitors Center is located right at the intersection of Hwy 550 and Greene St. Not only is it a great old yellow building from the turn of the century, it also has tons and tons of information on anything fun to do within 200 miles.
- From the train– Take a right on Blaire when you get off the train and look for a blue building about 30 yards up and on the left. This is not only the main public bathroom in town, but it’s also a great place to pick up brochures about some of our local attractions and there’s also a small park with a couple benches where you can soak up the sun. #14 on the map
- The Silverton Public Library is also a good spot if your on that side of town. Not only does it have a public facility, but it’s also a part of our history, dating back over 100 years. Its really an amazing place where you can do everything from renting DVD’s and checking emails to even picking up a good book to read in the woods or even dropping the kids off at the pool.
- The Silverton Town Hall is another classic town building which has been amazingly restored to the highest standards possible. It’s #8 on the map below.
- If you’ve walked up Greene St a ways when nature calls you can use The County Courthouse’s facilities. And once again, this historical building is really cool and worth seeing regardless of your current personal circumstances. Marked #6 on the map.
- Memorial Park is located on the other side of Cement Creek. The locals spend a lot of time here as it has tennis courts, a soccer field, 2 horse shoe pits and a really cool gazebo… oh yeah, and a public bathroom. If you head to Memorial Park make sure to check out the cool trails along the river while you’re there.
We thank everyone for sharing this information. Many of our neighboring restaurants are having the same issues and we all agree the best way to help solve the issue is by simply informing people of their options. We wish we could accommodate more people but at a cost of nearly $3,000 a year per bathroom for maintenance, supplies, etc. we can only do so much. Plus, we sell a LOT of beer so we feel the pressure a bit more than most establishments. Remember, you can never really own a beer… you only rent it.
Public bathrooms in Silverton Colorado